Sunday, May 15, 2005

IN OTHER NEWS...

I like to consider (to at least some degree) that I stand separate from my own existence: you know, the foolish notion that I have a fate only so far as that I can control said fate and dictate its movement (incessantly negating even the notion of fate by my obvious fault in logic).
I suppose I'll never let go of that nagging resolution, and rightfully so. But, in some deep-rooted portion of my mentality, I acknowledge that there is certainly something dictating the way I live; not dictating, however, so much as allowing me to move in the directions I choose, as long as I follow the general course of action required to get me wherever it is I need to go.
As a theatrically-oriented person, it makes all the more sense: we stand as actors, taking cues and directions from The Great Script Of Life, which requires that we go through proverbial piles of crap to get to the denouement. And, ultimately, we should be better off for it.
If we're not, my theory is completely and entirely wrong, and I should not be allowed my own Blogging capability.
That being said, I sit to ponder where it is my life will end up in the next few years. School is one rather obvious direction, but mentally and physically, I'm beginning to question whether or not my past experiences will provide me with any tangible guidepath to begin upon, or whether or not I'll have to begin my own quests over again.
Quests?
What quests?
I feel as though I'm the most boring human being on the planet. And I probably am.
As Oscar Wilde has forced me to say before, "my first impressions of people are invariably right."

No comments: