Tuesday, August 23, 2005

MOVEMENT.

Elis leaves for school later on this afternoon, and whereas my heart aches knowing that our friendship will certainly never be the same, I smirk knowing that it has learned to endure through great tribulation, and will stand the test of time once again.

I realize that Friday marks a great step in my development as a human being- reaching outward, attempting to span the gap between adolescence and maturity (in societal standards, mind you). It's perhaps ironic that my first night in a new habitat falls exactly three months after casting aside those hideous robes they called "Graduation attire," relishing in the knowledge that I would finally possess one of the most powerful items in my fledgling existence:
A diploma? Yes. But also the knowledge that I had earned said scrap of paper.
At this stage, anything is tangible.
Anything is possible.

(I certainly have more thoughts on the subject, whatever the subject may be. I do not, however, have the great luxury of time on my side. What with 400 albums waiting to become mere duplicates in a great and time-spanning collection. It's more time consuming than she thought, than even I thought, it would be. But, it is what it is. Within the given time constraints, I will be packed and ready. Even if it means taking more than humanly necessary and discarding random articles of gear along the way. How complicated this moving process is!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11 kidnapped Pakistanis released in Iraq Recorder Reportislamabad
A Foreign Office spokesman has announced the release of 11 Pakistani and some other nationals abducted last week by an unknown group in Iraq and had arrived in Basra.

Hi, you have a great blog. I'm definitely going to bookmark it.

My Site is a rc cars related page.

Check it out if you get some time.