Saturday, June 02, 2007

I FEEL LIKE THE GIRLS SHOUTING DOWNSTAIRS.

Groceries.
New haircut.
Dish-washing scrub-brush.
Giant bottle of water.
Spatula.
Reversible belt.

This day, dare I say it, was fun. Not conventionally fun, with balloons and merry-go-rounds and streamers. It was a mundane sort of fun, the type that draws reality into vision and makes apparent the simplicity of daily life. Perhaps I'm just getting old.
This week, defying my greatest expectations, has been feasibly, plausibly, wonderfully stupendous. Specifically, it was brought about by the individuals and interns surrounding me, the staff of the Hippodrome State Theatre, and, better than almost anything else, the underlying knowledge that I am in the process of making genial strides towards independence. Not monumental, mind you, but close enough to satisfy for this particular minute.

For the next day-and-a-half, I have minimal work to accomplish. And, better yet, sheer relaxation to pursue.
I'm aware of the fact that these things do not last for long, but I shall revel in them while I am able.

The two little girls that live below me are shouting and giggling, just out of the sheer joy of being. I want to be like that someday.

No comments: