Wednesday, October 31, 2007

THIS IS HALLOWEEN.

Huh.

I'm currently in a Lakeland hotel room, enjoying a grande olde-timey rounde of "CSI:NY" (which is, earnestly, too many initials for me to follow without utilizing actual brain power).
Why is this compelling in any way, shape, or form?
I'm with Gibby.


You can take a few seconds to let that sink in.




Okay. And- we're good.

Could this evening get much more awkward? Maybe with booze.
Oh, wait- she refused to get a drink at dinner because she thought it might illustrate "bad decisions" in front of her "charge."
And then we almost died in traffic. And watched "Hairspray" for two dollars each.

There are very few linguistic phrases in the English language that truly lend themselves to describe this experience for me, and I still can't decide on one to use. Some include vulgarity, others irrational turns of phrase.
I just don't know.

She's asleep, now. And CSI has fifteen more minutes left. I'll just turn the volume down. After all, what if I don't stick around for what Gary Sinese has just spent forty-five minutes trying to decipher?! The evening will be lost.

I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: