Sunday, December 11, 2005

PERPETUAL NAPPING 101.

As much as I'm going to be sick of it within a week, it's been nice to just rest. Sleep is something I was obviously lacking, but I had no idea just how much. I feel like I could live in bed for weeks on end with absolutely no remorse or concern for life otherwise.
Which is not the best feeling in the world, I'll acknowledge, but one I will certainly accommodate for a few days nonetheless.
I miss Flagler. I do. Genuinely. College has been, thus far, the greatest experience of my life. I need the freedom it provides me, and I desperately desire the company of the people I’ve been surrounded with (with very few exceptions, ironically enough).
And I’ve been ridiculously spoiled over the past weeks, with my full knowledge attached. Life has provided me with opportunities far beyond anything I could have wished for. I have the marginal success I could have hoped for with the department (grossly boastful as that may sound), I have some of the greatest companions money could buy (and certainly has, I’ll assume; those hussies…), and one of the most rapid-fire, engaging, and stirring relationships that could be dreamt of.
I suppose that stepping back for a few weeks allows me a more solidified appreciation for these extraordinary blessings that make up my current existence, but I want them- I need them- here with me now. I do. Certainly. And it will, without doubt, be a wonderful experience to share time with people who have been vacant from my life for these ironically short months, if not just to share with them the vitality that has suddenly become present within me, the budding confidence that those closest to me have begun to recognize. I am becoming the person I have desired to be for such a devastatingly long time, and whereas that’s a shocking situation, I don’t care. I am more content at this point in my life than I have been in such a very long time.
I am happy.
I am happy.
I am happy.

[Editor’s Note: I definitively need an iPod with a larger storage capacity. I have far, far beyond twenty little “gigs” of music, and it is killing me to remove some of my most treasured albums to make space for new friends. I need more space. Santa, be a dear.]

No comments: