Sunday, July 23, 2006

SOUBRETTE.

While it is most definitely a bonus to be back in St. Augustine, a part of me feels relatively isolated from everything going on.
The exposition:
I spent an entirely enjoyable evening with three of my favorite individuals, and everything was genuinely dandy: we ordered non-alcoholic beverages with less-than-deliriously funny names, attempted to foam-proof a dishwasher, and discussed more than enough random topics to keep me entertained. All, to say the least, accumulating to a lovely welcome home.
The thought-provoking jargon:
I am, however, torn in my realistic face-value. That is to say that I'm not sure where I fit into the scheme of things. Not that I am an entirely disposable entity, but a part of me has to wonder just where my importance as a human being can possibly come into play, and just who as an individual could reasonably value my company.
The resolution:
That said, a good night's worth of sleep and recuperation from our travels will certainly lend itself to an immense amount of fun in the coming days- I just need to let it amount to that.
Regardless, I daresay I will always feel like the sidekick.
The titular tie-in:
Soubrette. Enough said.

No comments: