Friday, April 25, 2003

Aladdin and Jasmine, sitting in a tree...
I went to Disney today. And never have I ever felt so much spite towards the members of my family.
They were driving me to murder. Or suicide...But I'd have been happier with murder, I think...
Epcot was beautiful...That park never ceases to amaze me. I'd been pulled out of 3rd so that I could skip school and enjoy myself at a theme park, and the day was falling nicely into place...On top of that, Davey Jones was going to play a concert...
Ahh...What a dreamboat...
Anyway, I was doing fine until about 2:30, when I started to feel faint. We'd stopped for lunch, but I could feel myself dragging, and the room was spinning like a drunken tea party (Which I would know nothing about, thank you very much...). I just wanted to unscrew my head and let it rest for a few minutes...But the day continued, we rode on the troll ride in Norway, made fun of the Canadians (Who have now been dubbed the "Cndens"...Eh?), and searching for beavers (Which were not found, adding to the increasing distress I was feeling...). The highlight of the day was easily while we were wandering through Japan and I found a pearl shop that was selling a set of earings and a necklace worn by Grace Kelly...
My namesake...
I was so happy...
I did, however, strike up random conversations with people in French (People who obviously COULDN'T speak French, mind you...I started asking for train stops, where the sleeping car was, if they had chalk boards, how to validate my ticket, what color old animals were, and where I could buy ham sandwiches...It was really rather gratifying, knowing that I can barely say "Bonjour" without bursting out into random fits of laughter, and yet, I had dumb, pink-ended tourists trying desperately to find me 1) A translator, and/or 2) A restroom....Everyone thinks that the French need restrooms...).
The day, in total honesty, wasn't horrendous, but I remain infinately tired, and worried that the goblin storms of rain are going to "wash out my car wash"...I desperately want tomorrow to be a success, both for my own hide, and for the sake of our Newspaper...
I'm going to go take heavy painkillers and see if I can sleep for more than three hours...That should be fun...
I still want a beaver...

No comments: