Saturday, June 26, 2004

CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF STUFF DONE SO FAR TODAY:

--Finally squared away the phone problems. [Editor's Note: Funny story. Well, actually, it's not. It's gut wrenching, emotional, and verging on suicidal. But that's relatively humorous in its own light. Let's see: We started out on June 16th, trying to switch cellular phone companies. The companies screwed up. Let us call them "B-Hobile" and "KC&C". They dragged us around (particularly my line) for two weeks. Today, we are finally finished, and I am on the new company, with a new phone, and supposedly, a new lease on life, although I've yet to see any kind of "Lease" agreement.]
--Went to Long's Christian Bookstore. Found a card that says, "God Bless Ewe." Had a sheep on it. I found it rather clever.
--Bought a hat from another store, a hat which I fervently refuse to wear, simply because it has the brand name, Adidas, on it, therefore advocating exercise.
--Stepped into Party City. Pretty boring for a "party city," if I do say so myself.
--Went to Sam's, and tried to trick the clerk into paying us a dollar for not addressing my mother by her first name. It almost worked.
--Found Bob the Tomato on the side of the road. Turned out to belong to someone. Put him back down.
--Rented another Christopher Guest film from Blockbuster. That was pretty much the crowning moment of the day.
--Bought some food from Panera's. Saw Melissa Benson. Bordered on scary.
--Sitting here, typing, waiting for the day to end, and tomorrow to begin. Or the other way around. That would be kind of okay.
Tomorrow starts the week at Dayspring, which I could be happier about, I suppose, but lends to unexpected stuff.
"Stuff," because I have no idea what will come of the week.

1 comment:

Kelley L. Smith said...

Guffman, but I adore Mighty Wind...Probably more than Cheez-its.
And that's a lot.