Friday, November 12, 2004

DISAPPOINTED, YET TO NO AVAIL.

Please. Fail me as a human being.
Destroy whatever hopes and dreams I've stored within you, the very core of my faith in humanity and/or the population at large, as they amount to very little but my naive opinions. Not that my opinions matter, obviously.
I believe in you, and this is what you hand me?
Kelley stands on the sidelines of life, genuinely cheering for her team to come out victorious; but instead, her standing is deluded, disgraced, and utterly crushed. Arrogance? Is that the form your actions take? Or is it stupidity? Eager longing to belong? I feel that as well, yet somehow manage to contain my insecurities, to find real ways of expressing myself as a human being.
But this? This is what you degrade yourself to? Degrade me to, for I stood behind you and still remain with my palms facing forward, bracing for your eventual and guaranteed fall.
I take so little pity in you now.
It seems the world has left me behind, chasing after brighter and better ideals, and attacking with the same dull points. You do not captivate me any longer. Instead, you stand as a beacon of that which I vow never to set myself along side, that which has become increasingly more pungent with each proverbial whiff.
You have failed me in more ways than you will ever conceive, although your conception at large may prove far more generous than even you could handle.
Enjoy the progression that your life seeks.
Or the lack thereof.
Take great pleasure in that which you will someday become.
Or fail to be.
Invest yourselves even further in the things that elevate you to this higher level of being.
I hope they stand firm to support you; I must refrain from doing so.
From this point forward, you stand on your own.
I've failed you, it seems.

No comments: