Tuesday, October 25, 2005

BECAUSE THERE'S "CRAZY" IN THE BREAKDOWN.

Why is it that everyone around me is losing it?
How is it that I am the sane, calm, and contained one? What the hell is going on?
I am immensely supportive of everyone, but it baffles me that everyone finds themselves simultaneously falling apart. Perhaps it's something in the air. Or the water. Maybe it's the fact that I don't seem to have the capacity to make logical, rational thoughts at the moment.
I've listened to so much talking and sadness and hurt emotion over the past few days that I'm amazed I've kept myself above it. I don't need to drag myself into this radical, intensive emotion that lingers over the heads of these afflicted individuals, and yet, I genuinely hope that they realize I am still here to sympathize and lend an ever-affectionate ear.
And to sit through the crazy talk.
Because that's what I'm here for.

No comments: