Sunday, December 31, 2006

THE DAY THAT FEELS AS THOUGH IT WILL NEVER END.

Despite the fact that I've garnered a total of seventy-five minutes of sleep in the last thirty hours, I am still feeling relatively upbeat.
And, despite the rather groaning fact that my flight from Charlotte to Allentown in officially dead (in the sense that the FAA has cancelled it and held a service in its non-existant honor), I have been typing, reading, and playing UNO online. The news of its earlier cancellation was abrupt if not relatively shocking, leaving me in a rush with sixty other passengers, all fighting tooth and nail for answers and flight vouchers.
At the moment, I'm scheduled to depart from the great state of North Carolina just after two PM, at which point I head out to Pittsburgh, at which point (and this is the section where I'm crossing fingers and doing a holy jig), I catch a flight to Eastern PA.
This is, of course, pending all the the tumultuous energy that is floating around this airport, stuffed with individuals who would give arms and legs to have comfortable seating, inexpensively priced dining, and better yet, the golden ticket back into loved ones' arms.
This airport thing can get moderately weepy. I haven't reached the brink of dreariness just yet, but, in a positive spirit, there is always opportunity for growth. That is, depression.
Nah. I'm relatively confident that this should work out in the end. At the very least, maybe they'll pay for my damn nine dollar crab cake sandwich.

No comments: