Monday, December 25, 2006

A PEAR SLICE IN YOUR JELLO.

Tonight was, despite the fact that is was a wet and rainy Christmas, considerably warm.
Not in temperature, per se, but in the hearth-esque glow that steamed out from the people I shared company with. The description might seem off-putting or, dare I say it, "smutty" in those terms, but, in fact, it was a most civilized occasion.
Civilized, that is, when the grown-ups weren't making penis jokes.
Lucky for me, I have one of the most energetic and sassy Uncle Franks known to man, and his companions are some of the most fabulously entertaining individuals I could have imagined spending my holiday time with. We were treated to a delicious dinner, saucy conversation, platonic embraces, and, best of all, the most fruity celebration this side of...well, conservatism.

It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful old, orchid-loving men can be.

And, yes: this book definitely was the focus of their coffee table.

No comments: