Sunday, September 05, 2004

I'VE ALREADY SURPASSED AN ENTIRE DAVE BARRY CALENDAR.

Just under 365 posts, and yet, far more humorous.
How do I do it?
I'm humble.
As is this hurricane that seeks to belittle my existence by tracking me across the state. Thursday, it's heading for Orlando: we pile into the car with four cats and a hamster. Now, it's heading for St. Pete: we're staying roughly twelve feet below sea level.
Nice.
I've had it with Mother-effing Nature.
At this point, I feel cut off from humanity in general, which is an okay thing. I miss civilization, namely that which fails to include my parents, but I'll tolerate one more day. Any longer, and I fear desperately for the safety of those around me, as they will most surely die.
How is it already September? I feel as though so much of this year has (sue me) floated by, and I've just been a carefree onlooker, laughing as innertubes and small children are carried off by torrential gusts of wind.
That's not too bad of an image, actually.
I'm hoping not to lose power for too long, if for any time at all. It all depends on whether or not the Lord God Himself wills that my education and "reading time" is worth diverting an entire tropical system for, despite His constant lack of interest in my petty hopes and dreams.
Rather strong-headed art Thou, O Lord?
I think so-o.

No comments: