Tuesday, May 13, 2003

(This is from Sunday, for all of you avid readers...Nevermind...I'm the only one who ever looks at this...)
Dumb Elise decided not to make an appearance yesterday, so I went errand-running with Mary...Which was actually rather fun, to be totally honest...We went by this Christian book store to try and find these pins she was looking for...Which, of course, means that I spent time gazing longingly at the Reliant K CDs (They just put out a new one, by the way, and it's phenomenal..). And, fate of all fates, Mary bought three of them for me (Ok, so two were albums, and one was a single, but the single had Larry The Cucumber singing "Breakdown", so it was well worth the two dollars...).
Up to the infamous check-out counter I go, and the stunningly roadie-ish looking guy says that it's probably the "greatest single purchase of music he's ever seen"...
That makes Kelley smile...
And then, of course, we had our Basket Case party last night...That got a bit insane...But it was nice to see Mike again without the ever-so-popular Anne attachment...We watched "The Boondock Saints" (AMAZING FILM!!!), and then moved into the first installment of "Basket Case" (Mike still won't believe that there are actually three of them...): It was even funnier than I had expected it to be...One of the worst attempts at a horror film known to man...
But it was funny...That makes Kelley smile, too...
Now, I'm in St. Pete with the rest of the family, and they've just brought in the ceremonious Smith Family Mother's Day Meal, consisting primarially of Chinese food from this little place on 4th street...If that's not tradition, I don't know what is...
Alright...I probably need to go claim my egg roll before Rachel gets it...
(The irony of that statement is that Rachel, who is most definitely loved and adored leaps and bounds more than me, is my aunt's German Shepard....
What a cold, cruel world!

No comments: