Saturday, May 01, 2004

AMERICAN THEATRE WING: YOU'RE GOING DOWN, BI-ATCH.

I was just perusing my favorite theatre sites (You know: this one, and that one, oh, and you can't forget this one), when I come across the announcement that, yes, my life is over, as Hugh Jackman, that Peter-Wannabe, is hosting the June 6th ceremony.
I was upset.
But what infuriated me was glancing through the official ATW site and finding myself distracted with their little "Did You Know?" footnotes that bug the hell out of me, seeing as I know what they're talking about already.
I know. Stop asking me, ATW.
But my point is, I grew into a raging inferno of vicious fury when I read this lovely little caption:

Did You Know?
Angela Lansbury has hosted or co-hosted more Tony telecasts than any other individual, with five telecasts (1968, 1971, 1987, 1988, and 1989). Tied in second place, with three telecasts each, are Julie Andrews (1970, 1984, and 1991), Robert Preston (1967, 1974, and 1984), and Rosie O'Donnell (1997, 1998, and 2000).


It's a good thing that they don't have any sort of question/comment service set up on the website, because they'd be receiving hate mail by the gallon-- Nathan Lane ties in that second place ranking for hosting/co-hosting the 1995, 1996, and 2001 Tony Award ceremonies.
Die, American Theatre Wing.
Die.

No comments: