Wednesday, August 04, 2004

"BFF! BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!"

Or so says Pitman.
I believe her. Maybe.
The interminable week that never seems to end continues to threaten my insolence and stubborn nature: alas, I am compelled to enjoy my teachers, revel in my classes, and most atrocious, do my work.
The third has yet to happen. Thank God.
I'm thoroughly awaiting the end of the week, so that I can trudge down to the Enzian in military fashion, as I've just emailed them in blatant earthworm fashion.
For example:
My name is Kelley Smith. I'm the Vice President for Thespian Troupe 2329 housed at Lyman High School in Longwood, and I'm charged with the responsibility of finding a space both adequate and compatible for an end of the year banquet space, to be scheduled for an evening sometime in May. I was wondering about Enzian's policy for rentals, and trying to find any basic information I could, as we're highly interested in the space. If you could please inform me of any and all specifics, or if the space could even be made available for such an event, I would be entirely appreciative. Thank you for your assistance.

I know. You, too, were waiting for the nefarious "hi, my name is Steve." But alas, poor no one. You'll have to deal with it.
DWI, as the moronic say.
The highlight of the evening was helping Daniel with his Musical Theatre homework. I could have died- he had to research The Phantom of the Opera. I sat him down, gave him a lecture, watched his eyes glaze over in absolute amazement/horror, and laughed as he snuck online to try and "round out" his information, finding that I knew more than the official website.
Yes. I am that good.
I'll have a talk with Backel tomorrow. A little "one-on-one" that explains quite concisely that if these kids want an education, they need to talk to me. Not their computers.
You remember the Matthew Broderick scandal on Amazon.com? Or the Lane fiasco at TonyAwards.com? Dare we recall the Sondheim biography on IMDB?
I do.
Oh, that's right! Because I WAS THE ONE THAT FIXED THE ERRORS AND FOUND THE PROFESSIONALS' MISTAKES! ME! BOO-YEAH!
Okay. I'm fine. Time for bed.
Or soundtracks.

No comments: