Monday, August 16, 2004

MY KINGDOM FOR A FLASHLIGHT.

Powerless for the last three days, I finally greet you through the magic of laptop via some random cyber cafe' in St. Petersburg.
No, silly! Charley didn't pick me up and fly me westward; he just ruined my no-school fun with a lack of electricity.
Much less exciting, I assure you.
On top of feeling like Arkin Sung Wan ("I'm a refugee! I'm a refugee! Help me! I'm going somewhere because I think it's cool but I really have no idea where I'm going!"), I'm living life in the old school, "mooch off of your parents as you proclaim to be brutally and emotionally damaged after a storm of such ravaging effects," way.
And so far, it's working. Chuckle.
I'm even pulling out my HTML prowess in the midst of this crisis; no buttons to push, no simple "click," just <. And then something. And then >. Viola. Emphasis.
But we have accomplished some interesting feats in the last few powerless days: For instance, we saved a squirrel, and then sent him to a rescue clinic.
We did...some other stuff, too. I just don't remember what they were...right now...
Yeah.
Well, I better keep moving. My time is far from extended, as is indicated by the hordes of angry coffee drinkers behind me. I must dash.
If dash is an adequate word for being chased by angry mobs.

No comments: