Tuesday, November 08, 2005

AND THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON SLEEP.

I think all I needed was some rest, some water, and a little bit of introspective reflection.
I will continue to get better as the day progresses, I have promised myself.
There are a few things I know about myself. One of them is that I am a wretchedly stoic individual when the need to be somewhat detached arises. Stoic to the degree that I may remain level and temperate in my feasible human emotions, if not in my physical conditions. In this case, my body said, ever so kindly, "what the hell is going on? What are we doing? Do we know what's going on? Are you even listening to me?"
And whereas I am normally a good listener, my body decided that, indeed, I was not as good as I thought I was. And thus the sickness.

I'm realizing that by sinking into my plume bedding this afternoon, I allowed myself the time I needed to be human again. I'm thinking, and although it's still at a sluggish pace, it's thinking nonetheless. I've also awoken and found myself ready to consume food. Not frightened by it or sickened at the thought, but knowledgeable and aware of the fact that I need something in my system if I want to continue, oh, I don't know, living.

I guess I enjoy being vague when I type. It keeps even my generally understood feelings at bay, and allows a more realistic image of current going-ons. But, I assure you, as soon as I am definite and positive in my new situation, I will most certainly gush and gawk with appropriate fervor. At the moment, I'm just waiting.
Ugh. I have to remind myself that only five days of relative "waiting" have passed. And now, I need to get over it.
Okay. Done.
Waiting is good for me.

No comments: