Thursday, November 24, 2005

HAPPY FREAKING THANKSGIVING.



ON THIS DAY OF GIVING THANKS, THERE ARE MANY THINGS TO BE "THANK"-FUL FOR. HERE ARE A FEW OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITES:


I am thankful for the crayons it would take to make this picture look as life-like as the my non-existent room. Because that's what I'm going to do- draw all over the plywood sitting on my floor, and hope to God that someone sells it to a gallery for millions of dollars so that I can buy myself a FREAKING BED.

I am thankful for Stove Top stuffing, because I learned how to stir water and spice together to make fluffy, carb-infested goodness.

I am thankful for the wonderful people I share my college life with. They fill my days with adventure and excitement, and my nights with nothing, because there is nothing to do at night in St. Augustine. So, we are bored together, and I would have it no other way.

I am thankful for my best friend, because Elise knows how to drop it like it's hot. Or cold. Depending on the current temperature.

I am thankful for Michael, as he is waiting for me to see RENT. Which is a God-like sacrifice in my own personal and hence expert opinion. And for other reasons, too, I guess.

I am thankful for the healing power of Ginger Ale. It needs no further explanation.

But most of all, I am thankful for my car and the enabling power it has to get me far, far away from Brigadoon. Which is Rachel's horribly-adequate name for Dunedin. Don't dispute her. Or me.

No comments: