Sunday, May 14, 2006

DAY ONE: $1000.00

1. Round-Trip flight to East Stroudsburg, PA. [$260.00, booked on Travelocity.]
What more can I say? I want to visit Michael again [Editor's Note: AND RACHEL. FORGET MICHAEL. I ONLY WANT TO VISIT RACHEL. BECAUSE SHE IS WAY HOT.] in late August before classes start up, and feasibly, I want to purchase the most affordable ticket available.

2. Plastic Fantastic Deluxe photography package. [$350.00, from the Lomographic Society International.]
Lomography is, according to Urban Dictionary, "a type of art photography in which color is emphasized. Traditionally, cameras such as the Holga, Lomo, Colorsplash, and Supersampler are used to create strange and unusual photographs. Lomographic photos are primarily characterized by vignettes (blurry and faded edges), random subjects, and nonadherance to traditional photography rules." I've been entirely fascinated with these cameras for as long as I can remember, and I desperately want to purchase at least one so that I can expand some of my picture-taking beyond the picture-phone realm.

3. Luxury Light Warmth Queen Size Down Comforter. [$250.00, purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond.]
With my handy, reliable down comforter at the ripe age of 30 years old (It went to college with my mother as well.) and feathers spitting out of several tears that I've hand-sewn, I would love an equally comfortable replacement.

4. Donation to Parners In Health. [$140.00, via the PIH website.]
I can't speak loudly enough for the work that this organization has done in terms of Haitian relief, not to mention their perpetual fight against TB. Plus, I sat through I-Robot with Paul Farmer. He bought me a chocolate milkshake. I figure I owe him a few dollars.

DAY ONE- TOTAL SPENT: $1000.00

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want to visit MICHAEL again?! YOU KNOW THERE ARE GOING TO BE OTHER PEOPLE IN PENNSYLVANIA IN AUGUST TOO, YA KNOW.

cunt.

-I could attach an identity to this...but I won't. BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO.

Kelley L. Smith said...

Baby! Look what I did for you!