Saturday, September 13, 2003

"I NEED A HERO; I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO 'TILL THE END OF THE..."---OH, WAIT: I HAVE JEREMY JAMES...OKAY, NEVERMIND.

Elis(e) and I kidnapped my parents and viewed Toxic tonight at the Helen Stairs theatre...God, it was gorgeous...
(Not just the theatre...Rene...Oh, my poor, unloved Rene...They ignore him so much, it makes me gag with giddiness! And then, there's our newfangled love of Jeremy, who suddenly looks like a James Barbour clone as a result of his rehabilitation from almost-dying...Nice...)
Anyway, I finally snatched the nerves to talk to Rene, and he gave me the "nod and smile" treatment, simply reminding me that I can email him and possibly (He wouldn't even say "yes", just "possibly"...), they would be able to give me an interview for the paper...
Can you say burn? I knew you could...
(Although, I must mention that he then proceeded to "accidentally gouge me in the shoulder with his Sharpe as he walked past me and into the arms of his girlfriend"...Oh yeah...He wants me...)
Hmm...What else was eventful? Ooh! I went inside the theatre around 6:30 before the show (Trying to get tickets...), and I talked to the house manager about getting backstage or something kooky like that...He then took me inside the Orchestra level, and proceeded to point at Paul, saying, "Talk to him, he's their sound guy."
To which, Kelley retorted-
"No, that's Paul."
The house manager stared at me blankly as if I had just declared that Spar-a-zz-a-zz-a-zz-a was Moses and carrying a long staff that was dripping wet and viciously staining the theatre carpet. He, the FREAKING HOUSE MANAGER, obviously had no idea who Paul Sparazza was, and/or the fact that he's a member of TA.
To which, Kelley laughed.
I completely forgot the rest of whatever I was going to say, beyond the fact that Jeremy is gorgeous and very married...
Oh! Holy Batman Clichés! I have remembered!---
TOXIC AUDIO IS GOING TO HAVE AN OFF-BROADWAY SHOW!
Elis(e) and I have already decided that we're going to ditch our St. Augustine plans and just drive up to New York to go see them...Maybe we'll just move to NYC...Watch shows, avoid school, audition, write...
Ahh...The Life...
I'll have more to write at some point, but I just need to go bask in the toxicity of it all...
Ha! I'm funny!

No comments: