Saturday, August 16, 2003

"GOD, IT'S LIKE BAD CLAYMATION...I MEAN---WHAT? HE WAS STILL ALIVE WHEN HE DID THIS? JEEZ..."

Elise and I spent the afternoon pondering over Richard Harris' demise, and how it would effect the remainder of the HP films...Of course, Sir Michael Gambon is taking over...But we spent a few minutes questioning whether or not they could just freeze Harris and prop him up to do scenes at random...I mean, you never actually need to see him speak or really act...He just needs to stand there...For instance, in this exerpt from the next script, Harris' frozen body could simply be positioned for "screen shots" as you will. Let's take a look at how something like this would work:

HARRY: Sir, I'm just sure what to do. I mean, I want to think that freeing Peter was the right thing to do, but should I really have done it?
(Cut to DUMBLEDORE.)
HARRY: Well, if you're saying I have to trust in myself, then I understand...But, Professor, what are you doing with all of those women?
(Cut to DUMBLEDORE.)
HARRY: You don't have to rub it in. I get it, sir. You're a pimp.
(Blackout.)

Ehh...So, maybe it wasn't the best idea we've ever had...After all, Gambon doesn't look that bad...
But how cool do they look thanks to Alfonso? Really cool.

No comments: