Wednesday, July 16, 2003

APPARENTLY, I SHOULD BE SWIMMING WITH THE FISHES, ACCORDING TO MY COUSIN VINNY...

Heh...I've always wanted to say that...
One of the "Spectacular Seven" from this weekend, Vinny, emailed me a little while ago, commenting on how lucky I was to "not be dead" after my eight o' clock flight out of Houston on Sunday night...Ironically enough, I thought so too...
I'm so misconstrewed with the whole thought of four months until I'll be able to put what I learned into action...I mean, it's all well and good to learn the dances and songs and contorted catch phrases, but isn't it all about the end result? The grande finale? The waterpark?
Okay, that made no sense...Or did it?
I don't know anymore...
At one point in my life, just a little over a year ago, I was told that I should start working on a stand-up comedy routine, because by the time I had reached my comedic peak, my family and surrounding peers will have given me enough material to last me well beyond the grave...
The only problem: I'm not funny.
Not that it's a general shock, but it's just something I've never really thought of. To be funny, you have to have timing. You have to be intellectual. You have to be cruel...
To be kind, in the right measure...Cruel to be kind, it's a very good sign...Cruel to be---
Well...Um...I think you get the point.
And it's not as if I don't want to be funny...God, I would give anything for a cool stage name and a relatively amusing nationwide slapstick tour, along with a few million dollars (For gas and tolls...), but I, for some reason, just don't see it happening...
Sigh.
Well, next week starts off my "Winter Park 'Muffy-and-Buffy' Leadership Training", and it all concludes Friday with a healthy round of...
JOB SHADOWING...Dun, dun, dun!
I'm actually kind of excited, seeing as my top three choices are as follows:
1- Theatrical Arts (OR, How To Sleep With Someone To Get A Job)
2- Newspaper Writing/Staffing (OR, How To Completely Blackmail Someone With Your Literary Abilities)
3- Non-Profit Organizations (I don't have a spiffy alternate name for this one...)
As far as I know, I should be getting my first choice, but then again, you never know how these things come into play...
Maybe I should have shadowed a comedian...

No comments: