Friday, July 18, 2003

IT'S 12:07. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR DISCONTENTED TEENAGER IS?

I don't know...
I don't even really feel like updating this thing...I mean, it's "fun", but I enjoy writing about nothingness so much more than divulging my own life...It's that whole, "You don't know me" stamina that keeps me going, keeps me in that angsty youth persona that works out pretty well, since no one wants to bother an angsty youth...
Ugg...
I think I need a catch phrase...Nothing corny, mind you, but something ironic and stupid enough to make stupid of all the ironies in my life...
I hate the fact that there are people who feel exactly the way I do...Not that I don't enjoy company, but something within me yearns for the glimmer of belief that houses the possibility that says, "Kel, you're unique! No one thinks exactly the same as you do, nor does anyone worship the things you do, sing the songs you sing, want to be the person you crave, or any other such random thing...Because you're you!"
It's like a Purple Dinosaur Syndrome...PDS...That makes sense...Anyway, it's this downplay of communal society that's led us to these non-realistic teaching tools of individuality and mono-unity...
It's like saying "Every Punk Is Special". It simply doesn't make sense.
Everyone's the same. Me too. It's not like a condition that we merely grow out of. Every non-conformist thinker is like every other one in existence. I'm the same as someone else. Not that I plague the world with Kelleys, but to say "You are special, individual, and/or unique" simply provides the basis for a non-existent false reality to settle in my feeble little mind, as are all other minds surrounding mine.
But don't forget--You're special.

No comments: